Many people have their own reasons for not having a will. Some of these reasons include:
- People think they will have plenty of time to create their estate plan at a later date.
- People think they do not have enough assets to worry about a Will.
- People assume their family will carry out their wishes after they are gone.
- Having a Will prepared costs too much, even though people are not exactly sure what that cost is.
- Couples are not in agreement about important decisions concerning their property and/or children.
- People are just uncomfortable talking about making a Will. Procrastination frequently sets in because considering a Will forces each of us to think about death, however fully providing for loved ones just in case is the greater peace of mind.